15 December 2009

anti-corporate gift guide


Hi friends,

the holidays are approaching, and as usual, Christmas gift madness has set in among many. Last weekend, Montreal's streets were filled with bustling shoppers, and my little yarn shop was overrun with folks purchasing last minute gift materials. I'm knitting all the gifts I give people this year in an effort to hold out against consumerism, but if I was buying things, these lovely - and almost entirely hand-made - selections would be at the top of my list.

From top: lovely jewelry from Milwaukee-based Dores :: Steven Alan cotton-wool Whitman top :: a hand-knit version of this hat that Erica made, using this wool :: Hello Handmade's Laureled tea towel :: Wonder Wonder's knit necklaces :: hand-printed cotton totes from little glowing lights.












No comments: